Pest Control In Palm Desert, CA
Located in the heart of Coachella Valley, Palm Desert, CA, has three different mountain ranges, and rarely a day goes by without sunshine. The mild winters of Palm Desert make this city a desirable spot for both people and pests of all kinds – but fortunately, that's where the pros at Compass Pest Management can help.
Here's what Palm Desert residents should know about how our residential services work, what our commercial pest control program entails, how to prevent bed bugs, and what you can do to keep wasps away with Riverside County pest control.
Residential Pest Control In Palm Desert
At Compass Pest Management, we've been serving the homeowners of Palm Desert for almost twenty years, and we've fine-tuned our residential pest control program to meet your needs. When you work with us, you can expect:
- Plenty of experience and expertise with Palm Desert's most common pests, including rodents, ants, termites, spiders, roaches, and more
- Flexible scheduling that works around your schedule, including monthly, bimonthly, or quarterly visits to keep pests away
- A thorough inspection of your property that targets pest harborage zones, entry points, and more
- Residential services that include dealing with dangerous wildlife, like raccoons, snakes, and feral cats
- Customized treatment plans that will meet your home's specific needs
- Excellent customer service that comes from a locally-owned business
With our residential services, our priority is to effectively take care of any pest problems you have, educate you on prevention methods, and use methods that will prevent pests from coming back.
Commercial Pest Control In Palm Desert
Our expertise doesn't just lie with the homes of Palm Desert – we're more than equipped to handle pest infestations around local businesses too. Whether it's roaches in your restaurant, bed bugs in your office, or raccoons on your commercial property, you'll get all the perks of our residential services – but customized to fit your business' needs.
Some of the most common businesses that we serve in Palm Desert include:
- Apartment complexes
- Retail stores and spaces
It only takes one infestation to put your entire commercial property at risk, but we can stop commercial pest infestations before they destroy your business' reputation, and we don't quit there.
Along with handling existing infestations, at Compass Pest Management, we'll collaborate with you on a customized treatment plan to ensure you never have to deal with pests in your Palm Desert commercial property again.
Three Tricks To Keep From Bringing Bed Bugs Into Your Palm Desert Home
As small as they are and as many places as they can live, preventing bed bugs may seem impossible – but there are a couple of ways to help prevent them from making your house into theirs, including:
- When you travel, inspect hotel or motel rooms for bed bugs by checking the mattress pad, pulling back the covers, and even looking in the crack of the seams. Try not to store luggage, clothing, or other personal items on the floor while in a hotel room, at the airport, or using public transportation.
- Before entering your home after traveling, use a flashlight to double-check your luggage for signs of potential bed bugs. And after a trip, wash clothing and other laundry immediately.
- When purchasing second-hand furniture or appliances, you'll want to use a flashlight to look in cracks, crevices, and other dark corners where bed bugs may start their colonies.
By avoiding bed bug hot spots and checking your belongings before bringing them into your home, you can minimize your risk of bringing bed bugs home. However, if you find yourself with bed bugs in your home, don't hesitate to call the experts at Compass Pest Management.
The Secret To Keeping Wasps Out Of Your Palm Desert Yard
The occasional wasp sighting is not unusual for California homeowners, but you don't want to attract large numbers of these stinging insects onto your property. There are a couple of different ways you can discourage wasps from building nests in or around your home, such as:
- Get rid of potential food sources outside that may draw wasps, such as fruits, sugary foods, and other scraps.
- Keep trash and recycling bins tightly sealed and regularly emptied.
- Use weatherstripping or caulk to seal tiny cracks, holes, and gaps near windows and doors.
- Keep your gutters clear and free of excess moisture.
- Don't leave open holes in your yard or property for wasps to build nests inside.
- Don't overwater flowering plants or other vegetation.
- Keep flowering vegetation far from your home when possible.
- Keep other plants, like bushes, shrubs, and trees, regularly trimmed.
If you have a stinging insect problem or you're dealing with bed bugs, you don't have to struggle alone – contact us today at Compass Pest Management to learn more about our home pest control or commercial pest control services.